my past argument 2

ok, to the second "big" argument that i ever had. this time, it was me against a "so-called-educated-and-best-educator" in one of the higher institute. it happened when (again) i was accompanying my friends untuk beraya to the secret admirer. tup tup tup, panya anak pengarah that higher institute. really impressed with the house, kira smart lah. so i guess, maybe orangnya pun baik2 ni kali. from what i heard, this lady sebenarnya ada ambition, kan nyambung pelajaran ke UBD, tapi nda kana suruh. instead, she was asked to continue her studies in another higher institute.

pendekkan cerita. the father is very fussy. he doesnt like his daughter to mix with sebarang orang. yang usulnya lusuh, rambut sylo apa tu, gerenti kana reject leh the father masuk ke rumah. mun sampat menyusup masuk pun, gerenti kana lecture. kira masih lagi impressed lah aku ni, kira bagus jua tu ah the father. then, masa kami kan masuk, sampat lagi kana interrogate: sapa kamu ni? kawan my daughter kah? satu kursus? iatah kan, macam gestapo tia pulang. pass kami tu, masuk ke bilik tamu.

dah di sana, ada tia the father ani duduk sama kami. ia puji my friend, kursus nya atu bagus tia, belajar rajin2 tia kana suruh leh the father atu. bisai lah ia cakap atu sama my friend. sekali betanya tia rah kami, "kamu ni kaja udah kah?" i said "blum, di UBD masih" with a little pride lah. UBD kali ah. and this is where the argument starts. i will call the father TF.

TF : u r taking apa di sana atu?
me : bsc education. kira bagus lah
TF : apa yang bagusnya? UBD punya graduates semua nda bagus
me : ??? why is that?
TF : the system in UBD is not good. they focus too much on the theory bah.
me : banar...tapi from that theory atu lah kami refine our knowledge, so that we know what we are going to apply in practical.
TF : no, i dont agree with you. for example nah ah, u are doing what education tadi? u waste about 3 and half year doing theory, and when u r out, you know nothing!
me : no ih, kami ada jua teaching practice
TF : banar ih, tapi cukup kah tu? u are doing the practice for how many weeks, and how many years are you going to spend time teaching?
me : that time is enough for me, and for the rest of my friends. walaupun nda batah, it gives exposure to us on the real teaching situation.
TF : the problem is, do you apply your theory atu?
me : yes!
TF : dont lie...i know what is happening...let me tell you, students in *** is better that UBD. even our students are much more reliable, independent and marketable than those in UBD. cuba, ada students UBD mengharumkan nama negara? ada dorang contribute to our country? cuba liat our students. they even invented something, such as machine, which will be out soon.
me : maybe yes your students win dari sana. tapi cuba kita fikirkan, without the UBD students, who are going to teach your students in the future? you are focusing too much on the marketable thingy, but who is the educator? *** students kah?
TF : buat masa ani alum, but in the future, yes..
me : not quite. even your students are coming here for the PGCE. ada kana iktiraf kan diploma sana tu untuk ngajar students, even in primary?
TF : ...
me : maybe banar, the students di sana atu is more to practical, but that doesn't mean that they are much more than UBDian kan.
TF : nop, i still think that our students are better. what is your course again? education? your course is not complete bah, useless.
me : pasal?
TF : why waste time for 4 years? i mean, they can make it jadi 2 years. macam ni... 2 years ambil diploma in education, then sambung lagi another 2 years ambil degree in education. and baru tah ambil lagi degree, focusing on that subject, say computer.
me : atu inda jua feasible tu...in these 4 years, we sure learn a lot, and by the time kami keluar nanti, im sure we are prepared.
TF : i don't think so. you see... (and by this time no, his eye contact is not longer to me. instead, he focuses on my other friend, and start becakap sama ia saja. he totally ignored me...)

so, what can you say from this argument? in my own opinion, there are still people yang masih lagi kuat ego, sombong tak bertempat di Brunei ani. why don't they mind their own business, focus on their own work and STOP comparing and menyaungkan orang... i was totally pissed off masa tu. i think he realized that im not the right person yang boleh dikacangi, that is why is nda lagi layan aku. hmmm... do not underestimate people!!! and again, he still owe me that argument...

Comments

Popular Posts