End of year review

today is 19th of December 2010, almost entering the final week of 2010. a lot has happened throughout this year, and most of my plans and resolution i made for this year has been accomplished (of course some did not make it).

for first, i managed to organize and lead Digital Media Club 2010 successfully, alone. i actually got all the freedom to lead the members just how i like it. Surprisingly, this club was given a lot of challenging assignments and the expectations were kind of above par the ability of the members. however, i encouraged them to try and do their very best to finish the assignments. Yup, they did it. They entered competitions organized by ministry, departments etc and some made it to the final. They actually made me very proud of them. HOWEVER, what disappoint me was, their efforts were not even recognized and appreciated. NONE of these achievements were even mentioned in any assemblies, and the most shocking ones? During the CCA closing. I was giving the name of the top 3 students for this club, and their name was not even in the certificate. What the heck? Human errors? Nah, I would rather say... they don't give a damn about these girls! or this club! If it was for the sake of the club alone, i wouldn't mind, but come on, these girls were expecting themselves to be walking proud on the stage, then it turned out that their name was not even there? This made me think, what else should I do to make this club and these girls' achievements stand out amongst all. That one I have updated to be in my next year's resolution. But really, im not blaming those from the CCA's sections (they had the proof that these girls' names were included in the list), it's those responsible on printing the certs. Ugh!

The second one? new person coming into our life. Yup, i'm talking about our second baby, Dk Siti 'Aisya Qaisarah. She was born on 1st Syawal 1431H / 9th September 2010. First time in my life, i spent the first raya and takbir in the hospital. at that time, at around 1915, i was in the hospital canteen, then in the tv, there was this announcement about the sightings of the moon. When that person said "dengan ini, anak bulan Syawal adalah sabit dilihat...", all people inside the canteen still remained silent. i was like "what the? don't they understand it?" But when that person said "...1 syawal jatuh pada hari esok..." suddenly all of these people were shouting, screaming, jumping etc. so, my conclusion was "yeah, they do don't understand" hehe... and exactly at 2335 that night, our princess was born. details of that incident i will include in the updated page of 'Aisya's page.

The third one. This year, i've made a big investment in my entire life by purchasing this "baby" called Canon 550D, while letting go of my old trusted Canon 350D. What's the big deal? A lot! First thing, this 550D (also known as T2i in US) is hybrid, meaning it do still pictures AND movies. not just standard movies, but High Definition movies. I've researched a lot before finally deciding to buy it. Still pictures are not the ones that made me interested because frankly, i'm not into photography. It was the movies option that made me tempted to buy it. With it, I can record all important events in my life in both still pix and movies mode, all in just one gadget. But what made me giggles sometimes was, the people in my school still see me as one of the photographers in the school. Thank you very much and i felt honoured on that, but i need to emphasize here...I am a Videographer, not photographer. Okay, nothing serious here. It's just i am more into videography than photography, so do not misunderstood k! Cheers!!!


Comments

Popular Posts