It's all about football aka soccer

it is actually fun to see how people reacted when their favourite team got the results they expected. some very emotional, some very sarcastic, some very sad and even cried, a lot of feelings actually. This goes true especially for teams that have historical rivalry, such as the four EPL giants (hint: 3 in reds, 1 in blue), where people start to nag and tease each other. Even some were "over-teasing" and create another rivalry in themselves. What I mean, from friend turning to foe, just because of football.

Well, I used to feel the same way. I love and support one of the EPL giants in red. When they win, I felt happy and start to tease my friends, but when they lose, I would feel down for the day, mood swing maybe, bad mood or whatsoever. This continues until when I was in form 3. I have a friend who support the rival of my team. That time, my team had beaten his fav team, so I teased him by saying "congratz". Know what? He started to yell at me, becoming more emotional and picked a fight. I mean, what the heck? Since then, we didn't talk to each other, hang around like we used to, and yes, I officially just lost a friend of mine. To make it worst, he even started to pick a fight with me if he got the chance, and will tell the untrue stories about me to others so that they will also hate me. Ohh...and that's all because of football.

So since that day, I started to analyze, why do we become like this? Yes, because of football. I observed other people, they fight each other, argue with each other also because of football. And the question is, WHAT DO WE GET? The team win, what do we get? The team lose, what do we get? respect? Pride?

Since then, I remained discreet whether my team win, drew or lost. I don't want that experience of losing a friend because of football to repeat again. When people asked me, what is my favourite team, I will tell them honestly. Again, if they want to say something bad about the team, okay, carry on. As if I get the credit.

When I was in Maktab Duli, a lot of my friends there and people that I know supported the two big red rivals. okay...one time that one red won the treble, there were flags, towels bearing the logo were waved and showed off. They also took this chance to tease my team, saying it was a Loser Team and their team is the greatest in the whole world. Haha...I was like, okay, I might agree with you. Guess what? they were surprised with my reaction. They went like "inda ko marah kah team mu kana ucap?" My response? "Shh...team ku mana mendangar" Day to day, they came to me and tease me, until they got fed up. "Boring ih, nada reaction ko ani. At least, rasa tercabar kah apa" And I said, "Aku sokong saja, mun manang Alhamdulillah, mun kalah pun biar tia. Inda jua ku ampit piala sama medal yang dorang manang atu"

Back in UBD, when the team I support won a treble, those people again came to me. Instead of saying congratz or whatsoever, they again said the bad thing about the team. "Kalok tu kamu manang ah..." I remained silent again, while my other friends started their defensive arguments. Haha...

Since then, my friends respected my views and decisions of not getting involved in these "fanatics" thingy. Really, I don't want to get involved in those stupid arguments about whose team is better. I simply don't want that experience of losing a friend to repeat again. When people started a conversation and discussion on football, I simply listen and agree with ALMOST ALL of the points brought forward. Want to tease me on my favourite team? My pleasure...until you get bored. Hehe...

Last but not least, I do respect other's views on this, so I expected that they will also respect mine. Whatever it is, this is my own personal view, not meant to offend anybody.

Comments

Popular Posts